Francis Albert “Frank” Sinatra was born on December 12, 1915, in Hoboken. He was an American singer and motion-picture actor who, through a long career and a very public personal life, became one of the most sought-after performers in the entertainment industry; he is often hailed as the greatest American singer of 20th-century popular music. Early in his life Sinatra knew he wanted to become a singer. His influences were Rudy Vallee (1901–1986) and Bing Crosby (1903–1977). He dropped out of high school and began to sing at small clubs. He got his first big break on the radio talent show Major Bowes and his Amateur Hour in 1935. After Sinatra’s famous recording of “My Way” (1969), he made an ill-fated attempt to sing some of the lighter tunes of modern rock composers. He was the first singer to gain national attention. Before that the big bands were king and each had their own male singer. Frank broke away from that. Women were crazy over him like people are crazy over singers today – but he was the first! He won an Oscar for a documentary called “The House I Live In” Frank Sinatra died in Los Angeles on May 14, 1998, aged 82. He died after a heart attack. Below is a collection of Frank Sinatra Quotes on Life, Love & Music.
Frank Sinatra Quotes
- Nothing anybody’s said or written about me ever bothers me, except when it does.
- I’m not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I’m not looking for the secret to life… I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.
- Basically, I’m for anything that gets you through the night – be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.
- May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.
- Rock ‘n Roll: The most brutal, ugly, desperate, vicious form of expression it has been my misfortune to hear.
- Our civilization, such as it is, was shaped by religion, and the men who aspire to public office anyplace in the free world must make obeisance to God or risk immediate opprobrium.
- There are things about organized religion which I resent. Christ is revered as the Prince of Peace, but more blood has been shed in His name than any other figure in history. You show me one step forward in the name of religion, and I’ll show you a hundred retrogressions.
- Dare to wear the foolish clown face.
- I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn’t be a staring contest.
- Cock your hat – angles are attitudes
- I’m supposed to have a Ph.D. on the subject of women. But the truth is I’ve flunked more often than not. I’m very fond of women; I admire them. But, like all men, I don’t understand them.
- You treat a lady like a dame, and a dame like a lady.
A man doesn’t know what happiness is until he’s married. By then, it’s too late.
- For my money, Tony Bennett is the best singer in the business. He excites me when I watch him. He moves me. He’s the singer who gets across what the composer has in mind, and probably a little more.
- My father had a piano that was a nickelodeon – put a nickel, and the roller would play.
- Throughout my career, if I have done anything, I have paid attention to every note and every word I sing – if I respect the song. If I cannot project this to a listener, I fail.
- I’m like Albert Schweitzer and Bertrand Russell and Albert Einstein in that I have a respect for life – in any form. I believe in nature, in the birds, the sea, the sky, in everything I can see or that there is real evidence for. If these things are what you mean by God, then I believe in God.
The best revenge is massive success.
- In Hoboken, when I was a kid, I lived in a plenty tough neighborhood.
- Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.
- You gotta love livin’, baby, ’cause dyin’ is a pain in the ass.
- I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family – and I don’t think I could ask for anything more than that, actually.
- The martial music of every sideburned delinquent on the face of the earth.
- What I do with my life is of my own doing. I live it the best way I can. I’ve been criticized on many, many occasions, because of – acquaintances, and what have you.
You may also like : Billie Eilish Quotes About Life & Music
- People often remark that I’m pretty lucky. Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you’ve got to have talent and know how to use it.
- I believe that God knows what each of us wants and needs. It’s not necessary for us to make it to church on Sunday to reach Him. You can find Him anyplace. And if that sounds heretical, my source is pretty good: Matthew, Five to Seven, The Sermon on the Mount.
- Don’t get even, get mad.
Whatever else has been said about me personally is unimportant. When I sing, I believe. I’m honest.
- I am a thing of beauty.
- I’m trying to figure out, Chairman of what Board? People come up to me and seriously say: ‘Well, what are you Chairman of?’ And I can’t answer them.
- Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.
- Hell hath no fury like a hustler with a literary agent.