Dr. Kalam was born on 15 October 1931 in a poor Tamil family. His family was from the Rameswaram district of Tamil Nadu(India). His father’s name was Jainulaabedin he was in a state of extreme poverty and his mother’s name was Aashiyamma. The financial condition of the house was not good, so Dr. Kalam started working in childhood and was also pursuing his education. Kalam studied at Tamil Nadu College of Engineering Seven Sciences and completed Aeronautical Engineering from St. Joseph’s College. In 1958 Dr. Abdul Kalam joined DRDO where he was to lead a team that built small helicopters, after which he also joined Indian Space Research. He had a unique contribution to the Pokhran II nuclear test in 1958. He got the title of Missile Man of India, who contributed to the development of India’s technology and developed the ballistic missile. He was a great scientist and engineer who served the country and from 2002 to 2007 also contributed as President. While giving lectures to the students of Shillong, he had a heart attack and died(27 July 2015). Here is a collection of the best 80+ quotes by missile man Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
Abdul Kalam Quotes
- “A teacher should have a creative mind.”
“You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Dream is not the thing you see in sleep but is that thing that doesn’t let you sleep.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts, and thoughts result in action.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.”- apj abdul kalam
- “You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.”-apj abdul kalam
- “If you fail, never give up because F.A.I.L. means, First Attempt In Learning.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”- apj abdul kalam
- “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “The best brains of the nation may be found on the last benches of the classroom.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Ultimately, education in its real sense is the pursuit of truth. It is an endless journey through knowledge and enlightenment.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realise that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
“If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like the sun.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “All birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Don’t read success stories, you will only get a message. Read failure stories, you will get some ideas to get success.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Confidence and hard-work is the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. It will make you a successful person.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “If you are born with fame, it is an accident. If you die with fame, it is an achievement.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “When our signature changes to autograph, this marks the success.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “A developed India by 2020 is not a dream. It should not be just a vision in the minds of Indians. It is a mission we can all take up and get success, but it is still a dream for all Indians.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Poetry comes from the highest happiness or the deepest sorrow.
- If we are not free, no one will respect us.
You may also like: Contentment Quotes and Sayings about Satisfaction
- We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
- Science is a beautiful gift to humanity; we should not distort it.
- Small aim is a crime; have great aim.
- “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.”
- “Empty pocket teaches you a million things in life, but full pocket spoils you in a million ways.”
- “Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.”
- “If you salute your duty, you no need to salute anybody, but if you pollute your duty, you have to salute everybody.”
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”
- “Creativity is seeing the same thing but thinking differently.”
- “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.”
- “Luxury and Lies have huge maintenance costs. But Truth and Simplicity are self-maintained without any cost.”
- “Two rules for a peaceful life: Depression in failure should never go to heart, and ego in success should never go to the brain.”
- “Winners are not those who never fail but those who never quit.”
- “I am not handsome but I can give my hand to someone who needs help… Because beauty is required in the heart, not in face…”
- “Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.”
- “You should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.”
- A dream is not that which you see while sleeping, it is something that does not let you sleep.”
- “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honour for me.
- Today, India is a nuclear weapons state.”
“Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.”- APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Nations consist of people. And with their effort, a nation can accomplish all it could ever want.”
- “For success of any mission, it is necessary to have creative leadership. Creative leadership is vital for government, non-governmental organisations as well as for industries.”
- “To become ‘unique,’ the challenge is to fight the hardest battle which anyone can imagine until you reach your destination.”
- “Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person.”
- “For me, there is no such thing as a negative experience.”
- “The wealth of information now available at the click of a finger amazes me.”
- “Do we not realize that self respect comes with self reliance?”
- ‘The President’s post should not be politicised. Once a president is elected, he is above politics.”
- “We must think and act like a nation of a billion people and not like that of a million people. Dream, dream, dream!”
- “My hair grows and grows; you cannot stop it – that fellow grows, it grows wild.
- Every nation has to follow a certain policy: Commercial, trade, various other types of policies.”
- “There is not enough funding for basic sciences in India. We have to invest in a big way, and I am pushing that idea.”
- “It means, people who are in high and responsible positions, if they go against righteousness, righteousness itself will get transformed into a destroyer.|”
- “I firmly believe that unless one has tasted the bitter pill of failure, one cannot aspire enough for success.”
- “Economy forced me to become a vegetarian, but I finally starting liking it.
- ‘Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around.”
- ‘When a nation is surrounded by weaponized nations, she has to equip herself.
- India can live without nuclear weapons. That’s our dream, and it should be the dream of the U.S. also.”
- “Smart habitation is an integrated area of villages and a city working in harmony and where the rural and urban divide has reduced to thin line.”
- “In India we only read about death, sickness, terrorism, crime.”
- ‘Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.”
- ‘Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.”
- “Building capacity dissolves differences. It irons out inequalities.”
- ‘All the scientists and technologists should work in appropriate region, specifically the rural technologies, to transform Indian rural sector.”
- “Creativity is the key to success in the future, and primary education is where teachers can bring creativity in children at that level.”
- “Where there is righteousness in the heart, there is beauty in the character. When there is beauty in the character, there is harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, there is order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, there is peace in the world.”
- “Real education enhances the dignity of a human being and increases his or her self-respect. If only the real sense of education could be realized by each individual and carried forward in every field of human activity, the world will be so much a better place to live in.”
- “The world has today 546 nuclear plants generating electricity. Their experience is being continuously researched, and feedback should be provided to all. Nuclear scientists have to interact with the people of the nation, and academic institutions continuously update nuclear power generation technology and safety.”
- “If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.”
- “Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. ““Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence.”
- “One lesson that every nation can learn from China is to focus more on creating village-level enterprises, quality health services and educational facilities.”
- Medical costs are of concern, both in developing and developed countries.
- Rameswaram has, since antiquity, been an important pilgrimage destination.
- The government, whether state or central, is elected. That means we have a responsibility to elect the right kind of leaders.
- God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. Prayer helps us tap and develop these powers.
- Unless India stands up to the world, no one will respect us. In this world, fear has no place. Only strength respects strength.
- We must get rid of fossil fuels by developing injection systems for automobiles, which can run on bio-fuel.
- Let me define a leader. He must have vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity.