Born to a lawyer father and a teacher mother in a town of Michigan, Adam M. Grant is a popular science author with specialization in organizational psychology. He hosts a podcast named WorkLife at TED. He co-fonded Give and Take Inc. with Wayne Baker & Cheryl Baker in 2017. The company provides SaaS platform designed to help businesses implement principles from his book Give and Take. Grant is #1 bestselling author of Think Again. Checkout his scientific thoughts behind success. Here are Adam Grant Quotes from Give and Take & Think Again that will help you inspire and have a better work & life balance.
Adam Grant Quotes
- Givers reject the notion that interdependence is weak. Givers are more likely to see interdependence as a source of strength, a way to harness the skills of multiple people for a greater good.”
- Original thinkers doubt the default.”
- “We listen to views that make us feel good, instead of ideas that make us think hard.”
- “Practice makes perfect, but it doesn’t make new”
- “After all, the purpose of learning isn’t to affirm our beliefs; it’s to evolve our beliefs.”
The more I help out, the more successful I become. But I measure success in what it has done for the people around me. That is the real accolade.
- Enemies make better allies than frenemies.
- Good guys are most likely to finish last, but also most likely to finish first.
- Negative relationships are unpleasant but predictable.
- Once we hear the story and accept it as true, we rarely bother to question it.
- The curse of knowledge is that it closes our minds to what we don’t know.
Confidence is a measure of how much you believe in yourself.
- Choosing a career isn’t like finding a soul mate. It’s possible that your ideal job hasn’t even been invented yet.
- Psychologists find that passions are often developed, not discovered.
- At work and in life, the best we can do is plan for what we want to learn and contribute over the next year or two, and stay open to what might come next.
- “Arrogance leaves us blind to our weaknesses. Humility is a reflective lens: it helps us see them clearly. Confident humility is a corrective lens: it enables us to overcome those weaknesses.”
- “Being wrong won’t always be joyful. The path to embracing mistakes is full of painful moments, and we handle those moments better when we remember they’re essential for progress. But if we can’t learn to find occasional glee in discovering we were wrong, it will be awfully hard to get anything right.”
- “Changing your mind doesn’t make you a flip-flopper or a hypocrite. It means you were open to learning.”
- “Good teachers introduce new thoughts, but great teachers introduce new ways of thinking.”
You may also like : Awesome Jim Morrison Quotes to Overcome Fear & Get Inspire
- “Procrastinate strategically. Procrastination may be the enemy of productivity but it can be a valuable resource for creativity.”
- “The hallmark of originality is rejecting the default and exploring whether a better option exists.”
- “Having a sense of security in one realm gives us the freedom to be original in another.”
- “The most meaningful way to succeed is to help others succeed.”