Former Vice President Al Gore is the co-founder and chairman of Generation Investment Management, and the founder and chairman of The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit devoted to solving the climate crisis. Albert Arnold Gore Jr. (born March 31, 1948) is an American politician and environmentalist who served as the 45th vice president of the United States.Gore has received a number of awards that include the Nobel Peace Prize a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for his book An Inconvenient Truth, for Current TV, a Webby Award and Primetime Emmy Award. Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo. Checkout this collection of Al Gore Quotes about Environment and Climate Change.
Al Gore Quotes
- When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler.
- Believe in the power of your own voice. The more noise you make, the more accountability you demand from your leaders, the more our world will change for the better.
- As many know, the Chinese expression for “crisis” consists of two characters side by side. The first is the symbol for “danger,” the second the symbol for “opportunity.”
- Our insatiable drive to rummage deep beneath the surface of the earth is a willful expansion of our dysfunctional civilization into Nature.
- If the only tool we use to analyse what’s valuable is a price tag, then those things that don’t have price tags begin to look like they have no value.
- Solving the climate crisis is within our grasp, but we need people like you to stand up and act.
- No matter how hard the loss, defeat might serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.
- Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real.
- The global environment crisis is, as we say in Tennessee, real as rain, and I cannot stand the thought of leaving my children with a degraded earth and a diminished future.
- The planet is in distress and all of the attention is on Paris Hilton.
We need to remember the sense of awe that nature has given humanity. It’s something that should be preserved.
- Our world faces a true planetary emergency. I know the phrase sounds shrill, and I know it’s a challenge to the moral imagination.
- The ten hottest years in the atmospheric record, going back only 160 years, have been in the last eleven years.
- We are running out of time, we must have a planetary solution to a planetary crisis.
- Unless we act boldly and quickly to deal with the underlying causes of global warming, our world will undergo a string of terrible catastrophes.
- We’re operating this planet like a business in liquidation.
- I’m convinced that we’ll solve the climate crisis, but the longer we take, the more grave the risks we’re taking with humankind
- I think the cost of energy will come down when we make this transition to renewable energy.
- Consider a clock thermostat, and set it so that you’re not using energy when you don’t need it, when you’re out of your house.
- I drive a hybrid, and we’ve changed our light bulbs and windows and installed solar panels and geothermal ground source heat pumps and most everything else.
- Consider what kind of car you get. Buy cars and other products that have the least impact environmentally.
- In a time of darkness, you don’t curse the darkness, you light a candle.
- Pollution should never be the price of prosperity.
- You know the old saying: you win some, you lose some… and then there’s that little-known third category.
- We’re all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made.
- Most people in politics draw energy from backslapping and shaking hands and all that. I draw energy from discussing ideas.
- We have to abandon the conceit that isolated personal actions are going to solve this crisis. Our policies have to shift.
- We are going to win this. The only question is how long it takes.
- We need to price on carbon in the markets, and a price on denial in politics.
- I have faith in the United States and our ability to make good decisions based on the facts.
- When fear displaces reason, the result is often irrational hatred and division.
- In digital era, privacy must be a priority. Is it just me, or is secret blanket surveillance obscenely outrageous?
- Take it from me, every vote counts.
- Each and every one of us can make changes in the way we live our lives and become part of the solution [to climate change].
Change can happen if we all live like we’d like the change.
- A zebra does not change its spots
- When politics is too slow, change has to come from culture.
- Our atmosphere is like the story of Goldilocks. It’s not too thick, it’s not too thin, it’s just right. And we need to keep it like that.
- I have always been fascinated with those who try to look over the horizon and see things that are coming at us.
- Winston Churchill aroused this nation in heroic fashion to save civilisation in World War Two. We have everything we need except political will, but political will is a renewable resource.
- While President Bush likes to project an image of strength and courage, the real truth is that in the presence of his large financial contributors, he is a moral coward.
You may also like: Rain Quotes and Sayings – Romantic, Beautiful, Funny Quotes about Rain
- The golden thread of reason that used to be stretched taut to mark the boundary between the known and the unknown is now routinely disrespected.
- We’re at a fork in the road for where we stand as a species.
- Air travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.
- The ‘well-informed citizenry is in danger of becoming the ‘well-amused audience’
- In a time of social fragmentation, vulgarity becomes a way of life. To be shocking becomes more important – and often more profitable – than to be civil or creative or truly original.