Tenzin Gyatso or ‘Dalai Lama’ (born July 6, 1935) is the spiritual leader of Tibet. Following China’s invasion of Tibet in 1949, His Holiness the Dalai Lama was asked to take full political power and was given the rank of Dalai Lama. In 1954, he also went to Beijing to talk to many Chinese leaders like Mao Zedong, and Deng Xiaoping, regarding the peace agreement on China’s visit and the withdrawal of troops from Tibet. March 1959 crushed the rebellion in Tibet, due to which the 14th Dalai Lama Tenzing Gyatso had to come to India. Thousands of Tibetan rebels were killed in this rebellion in 1959. The Fourteenth Dalai Lama religious leader of the Tibetan people is today considered a symbol of human love, peace, non-violence, self-respect, conscientiousness, and universal brotherhood. He enjoys the affection and respect of millions of Indians and Tibetans as well as liberal citizens of almost all countries of the world. Here we present the most inspirational Dalai Lama quotes about life, happiness, humanity, inner strength, peace, and kindness.
Dalai Lama Quotes
- We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.
- Although you may not always be able to avoid difficult situations, you can modify the extent to which you can suffer by how you choose to respond to the situation.
- When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it also helps us to develop inner happiness and peace.
- Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay.
- The topic of compassion is not at all religious business; it is important to know it is human business, it is a question of human survival.
- Let us try to recognize the precious nature of each day.
You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- Computers make me totally blank out.
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Never give up. No matter what is happening, no matter what is going on around you, never give up.
- Smile if you want a smile from another face.
- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
- Compassion is the radicalism of our time.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
- Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
- If it can be solved, there’s no need to worry, and if it can’t be solved, worry is of no use.
- If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
- Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.
- Blessing must arise from within your own mind. It is not something that comes from outside.
- Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
- You must lead a good life. And a good life does not mean just good food, good clothes, good shelter. These are not sufficient. A good motivation is what is needed: compassion, without dogmatism, without complicated philosophy; just understanding that others are human brothers and sisters and respecting their rights and human dignity.
- Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.
- I always consider that the shape of the future is in our hands. The past is past and can’t be changed, but the future has not yet arrived. Young people have the opportunity and responsibility to shape it by creating a better world.
You may also like: Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Success, Education and Knowledge
- Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.
Through difficult experiences, life sometimes becomes more meaningful.
- Those who have little interest in spirituality shouldn’t think that human inner values don’t apply to you. The inner peace of an alert and calm mind are the source of real happiness and good health.
- The ultimate source of my mental happiness is my peace of mind. Nothing can destroy this except my own anger
- If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others.
- Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.
If your heart has peace, nothing can disturb you.
- Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.