Guilt is an emotion a person feels after having committed an offense. There are times in everyone’s life when they feel guilty, the reason for this can be anything. Some people make others feel guilty and get their work done. We call it emotional blackmailing! Feeling guilty shows you that you have made some mistake which you are very sorry for. Here are some feeling guilty quotes and captions for those feeling guilty.
- To spare the guilty is to injure the innocent.
- Guilt upon the conscience, like rust upon iron, both defiles and consumes it, gnawing and creeping into it, as that does which at last eats out the very heart and substance of the metal.
- And then it started like a guilty thing Upon a fearful summons.
- Innocence is the weakest defense. Innocence has a single voice that can only say over and over again, “I didn’t do it.” Guilt has a thousand voices, all of them lies.
- I figured out long ago that guilt was like mothers. Everyone in the world had at least one. And it was passed down like a torch to the next generation.
- Guilt is always present to the mind (of the guilty)..
The guilty think all talk is of themselves.
- To err is human; but contrition felt for the crime distinguishes the virtuous from the wicked.
- There is no man that is knowingly wicked, but is guilty to himself; and there is no man that carries guilt about him, but he receives a sting into
- Guilt is like a gauge or light on the dashboard. It means that something is wrong.
- Let wickedness escape as it may at the bar, it never fails of doing justice to itself; for every guilty person is his own hangman.
- Nothing that is obtained through guilt can be permanently profitable.
- There’s no problem so awful, that you can’t add some guilt to it and make it even worse.
- No guilt is forgotten so long as the conscience still knows of it.
- Let us not search for the guilty ones only among others, let us speak the bitter truth: we are all guilty … each and every one of us.
- Normal guilt is like a sensor: When functioning well, it alerts us to what’s ethically correct and guides us toward morally acceptable behavior. Psychopathology arises, not from the human experience of normal guilt, but from neurotic guilt.
- He who flies proves himself guilty.
- He declares himself guilty who justifies himself before accusation.
- Guilt, guilt, its pious expression alone is in fact today’s great absolution. Just say the guilt prayer, “I feel guilty,” and hey presto, that’s the punishment. The guilt is the punishment. So punished, and therefore cleansed, one can continue with the crime.
- The hands of the guilty don’t necessarily tremble; only in stories does a dropped glass betray agitation. Tension is more often shown in the studied action.
You may also like: Inspiring Quotes to Take You Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Women are raised to feel guilty if they don’t do everything they should do. Men are more likely to feel guilty if they do something they shouldn’t.
- Guilt is the source of sorrows; ’tis the fiend, the avenging fiend that follows us behind with whips and stings.
- The guilty are punished because they deserve to be; their punishment is what their crime requires.
- When you are guilty, it is not your sins you hate but yourself.
- In the breast of the guilty there dwells a fury, which tears the bosom night and day, until the wretch is overwhelmed to the depth that he has sinned.
- The sin lessens as the guilt increases.
- None seem to bear the imputation of supposed guilt with greater intolerance than such as are, on other occasions, obviously culpable of vice or crime.
- Yet sin is forgiven and the guilty are pardoned. The gracious provision of the scheme of Redemption.
- I was always fraught with guilt, and it’s such a waste of an emotion. It keeps you out of the moment of being where you are.
- If a mother was Sacrifice personified, then a daughter was Guilt, with no possibility of redress.
- The problem with guilt is that it cements you to the past.
- To be judged by the state as an innocent, is to be guilty. It is to sanction, through passivity and obedience, the array of crimes carried out by the state.
- Guilt is oftentimes the strongest witness against itself.
- A guilty mind can be eased by nothing but repentance; by which what was ill done is revoked and morally voided and undone.
- “When we played softball, I’d steal second base, feel guilty and go back.”
- When all are guilty, no one is; confessions of collective guilt are the best possible safeguard against the discovery of culprits, and the very magnitude of the crime the best excuse for doing nothing.
- If you need someone to blame, throw a rock in the air, you’ll hit someone guilty
- Maybe there’s more we all could have done, but we just have to let the guilt remind us to do better next time.
- He who helps the guilty, shares the crime.
- Guilt has very quick ears to an accusation.
- It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one.
- Secret guilt by silence is betrayed
- To acquit the guilty is as great an abomination as to condemn the innocent.
- I don’t believe in collective guilt. The children of killers are not killers, but children.
- Think not that guilt requires the burning torches of the Furies to agitate and torment it; their own frauds, their crimes, their remembrances of the past, their terrors of the future are ever present to their minds.
- No love or pity, pardon or excuse should soften the sharp pang of reparation for the guilty man.
- If allowed to be, the heart is self-policing, and a reasonable measure of guilt guards against corruption
- We each begin in innocence.We all become guilty.
- No punishment is so terrible as prosperous guilt.
Guilt: punishing yourself before God doesn’t.
- A guilty system recognizes no innocents.
- It is quite gratifying to feel guilty if you haven’t done anything wrong: how noble! Whereas it is rather hard and certainly depressing to admit guilt and to repent
- Guilt is a useless feeling. It’s never enough to make you change direction–only enough to make you useless.
- True guilt is guilt at the obligation one owes to oneself to be oneself. False guild is guilt felt at not being what other people feel one ought to be or assume that one is.
- “Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.”
- “Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.”
- “Guilt is not a response to anger; it is a response to one’s own actions or lack of action.”
- “I get up and pace the room, as if I can leave my guilt behind me. But it tracks me as I walk, an ugly shadow made by myself.”
“There is no client as scary as an innocent man.”
- “Guilt isn’t always a rational thing, Clio realized. Guilt is a weight that will crush you whether you deserve it or not.”
- “Was it you or I who stumbled first? It does not matter. The one of us who finds the strength to get up first, must help the other.”
- “Maybe there’s more we all could have done, but we just have to let the guilt remind us to do better next time.”
- “We see our sins reflected everywhere: in the pallor of our intimates’ faces, in the scratching of tree branches against windows, in the strange movements of everyday objects.”
- “Feel no guilt. Getting married and giving birth does not mean that you have sold your life away to perfectly healthy people who can get their own damn socks.”
- “So full of artless jealousy is guilt, It spills itself in fearing to be spilt.”
- “When you are guilty, it is not your sins you hate but yourself.”
- “My guiding principle is this: Guilt is never to be doubted.”
- “Sometimes I just want to paint the words “It’s my fault” across my forehead to save people the time of being pissed off at me.”
- “It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one.”
- “Guilty feelings about clothes are totally unnecessary. A lot of people earn their living by making clothes, so you should never feel bad.”
- “(I)f we are going to be kind, let it be out of simple generosity, not because we fear guilt or retribution.”
- “Conscience is what makes a boy tell his mother before his sister does.”
- “Guilt is also a way for us to express to others that we are a person of good conscience.”
- Guilt is a destructive and ultimately pointless emotion”
You may also like:
Haven’t Posted in Awhile Instagram Caption
Meeting Friends After Long Time Caption for Instagram
Top Motivational Quotes to Inspire Success in Your Life