The British-American author and motivational speaker, Simon Oliver Sinek is well known for his thoughts about leadership and building a company. He started his career by working at an NYC ad agencies Euro RSCG and Ogilvy & Mather. Later he started his own business. Sinek is author of five books including Start With Why and The Infinite Game. He has inspired many people with books, talks and online courses. Simon runs a podcast, offers live online classes and also has on demand courses. Here are some inspiring Simon Sinek Quotes on leadership and team that will help you build a great company and enhance your thoughts.
Simon Sinek Quotes
A star wants to see himself rise to the top.
- “People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe”
- People don’t buy WHAT you do, they buy WHY you do it.
- Happy employees ensure happy customers. And happy customers ensure happy shareholders—in that order.
- You don’t hire for skills, you hire for attitude. You can always teach skills.
- Trust is maintained when values and beliefs are actively managed. If companies do not actively work to keep clarity, discipline and consistency in balance, then trust starts to break down.
- “If you hire people just because they can do a job, they’ll work for your money. But if you hire people who believe what you believe, they’ll work for you with blood and sweat and tears.”
- “Great companies don’t hire skilled people and motivate them, they hire already motivated people and inspire them.”
- “You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”
- “When you compete against everyone else, no one wants to help you. But when you compete against yourself, everyone wants to help you.”
- A leader wants to see those around him rise to the top.”
You may also like : Top 30 Motivational Gary Vaynerchuk Quotes To Live By
- “two ways to influence human behavior: you can manipulate it or you can inspire it.”
- “Let us all be the leaders we wish we had.”
- “Stress and anxiety at work have less to do with the work we do and more to do with weak management and leadership.”
- “A boss wants to pay for results, an employee wants recognition for effort. If a boss recognizes effort, they will get even better results.”
- “If you can clearly articulate the dream or the goal, start.”
- “The goal is not to be perfect by the end, the goal is to be better today.”
Leaders don’t look for recognition from others, leaders look for others to recognize.
- “Too many people confuse being rich or famous with being a leader. Wealth and fame are byproducts not qualifications to lead.
- “The leaders who get the most out of their people are the leaders who care most about their people.”
- “Be the leader you wish you had.”
- They don’t focus on filling everyone’s needs, they try to make their products magnificent, which eventually address people to become their customers.