Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, also known as Lenin, (22 April 1870 – 21 January 1924) was a Russian communist revolutionary, politician and political theorist. Lenin became famous as the leader of the Battle of the Bolsheviks in Russia. He was the “Head of Government” of Soviet Russia from 1917 to 1924, and also of the Soviet Union from 1922 to 1924. During his administration, Russia, and then the wider Soviet Union as well, became a one-party communist state controlled by the Russian Communist Party. Lenin was a Marxist by ideology, and he developed the popular political theory known as Leninism. After the failure of the First Russian Revolution, Lenin had to leave the country again. Here we present a collection of Famous Vladimir Lenin Quotes about Freedom and Revolution.
Vladimir Lenin Quotes
“Crime is a product of social excess.”
- “While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there will be no State.”
- “If the writer of these lines has succeeded in providing some material for clarifying these problems, he may regard his labours as not having been fruitless.”
- “If Socialism can only be realized when the intellectual development of all the people permits it, then we shall not see Socialism for at least five hundred years.”
- “Bourgeois democracy is democracy of pompous phrases, solemn words, exuberant promises and the high-sounding slogans of freedom and equality. But, in fact, it screens the non-freedom and inferiority of women, the non-freedom and inferiority of the toilers and exploited.”
- “Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners.”
“A lie told often enough becomes the truth.”
- “The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.”
- Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.
- “One cannot live in society and be free from society.”
- War cannot be abolished unless classes are abolished.
You may also like: Inspirational Benjamin Franklin Quotes on Freedom, Education & Success
- “The goal of Socialism is Communism.”
- “The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.”
- “The war is relentless: it puts the alternative in a ruthless relief.”
- “In the history of modern socialism this is a phenomenon, that the strife of the various trends within the socialist movement has from national become international.”
- “A party is the vanguard of a class, and its duty is to lead the masses and not merely to reflect the average political level of the masses.”
- Socialists cannot achieve their great aim without fighting against all oppression of nations.
- “So long as the state exists there is no freedom. When there is freedom, there will be no state.”
“Quantity has a quality all its own.”
- “One man with a gun can control 100 without one.”
- “Every society is three meals away from chaos”
- “Learning is never done without errors and defeat.”
- “All official and liberal science defends wage-slavery, whereas Marxism has declared relentless war on that slavery.”
- “Pacifism, the preaching of peace in the abstract, is one of the means of duping the working class.”
- “The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses.”
- “Revolution can never be forecast; it cannot be foretold; it comes of itself. Revolution is brewing and is bound to flare up.”