Here is a collection of Mahatma Gandhi Quotes to give you more inspiration. Gandhi is well known for his work towards freedom of India. He fought for freedom with peace. Most of freedom fighters went violent but Mahatma Gandhi stayed calm, went on strikes and kept fighting for the freedom of young India.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (મોહનદાસ કરમચંદ ગાંધી) was born to Karamchand Uttamchand Gandhi and Putlibai Gandhi on 2nd October 1869 in Porbandar Gujarat. He was trained in law at Inner Temple, London. There’s a lot to learn from the man of value and high thinking. Here we present the most inspirational Gandhi quotes.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Be the change that you want to see in the world.
- Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
- An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- An ounce of practice is worth a thousand words.
- Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.
- It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
- A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
- Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Quotes
A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
- I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
- Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served.
- If you want real peace in the world, start with children.
- The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity.
- If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
- Hate the sin, love the sinner.
- Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.
- Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.
- To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
- The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.
- You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them.
- Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
Did you Know? Gandhi’s Birthday is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti, a national holiday in India and worldwide as the International Day of Nonviolence.
Hope you liked these quotes. Do follow us on Facebook and keep visiting WishBae for more amazing and motivational quotes. Also let us know in comments which one is your favorite of Mahatma Gandhi Quotes?