Alexandrina Victoria was the queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and Empress of India. She was born to Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn on 24th May 1819. She died on 22 January 1901. Here we bring Top 25 Queen Victoria Quotes for Victoria Day.
Victoria Day, which is also known as Fête de la Reine, Celebration of the Queen, May Two-Four, May Long and May Long Weekend is a federal Canadian public holiday celebrated on her birthday in her memory. It is celebrated on the last Monday preceding May 25. Sometimes it is informally considered as the beginning of the summer season in Canada. Make this Victoria Day special by sharing these 25 Queen Victoria Quotes with your friends and family over social networks.
Queen Victoria Quotes
- We will not have failure – only success and new learning.
- The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.
- Give my people plenty of beer, good beer, and cheap beer, and you will have no revolution among them.
- Nothing will turn a man’s home into a castle more quickly and effectively than a dachshund.
- Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves.
- I feel sure that no girl would go to the altar if she knew all.
We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist.
- Just close your eyes—and think of England.
- I love peace and quiet, I hate politics and turmoil. We women are not made for governing, and if we are good women, we must dislike these masculine occupations.
- I would venture to warn against too great intimacy with artists as it is very seductive and a little dangerous.
- An ugly baby is a very nasty object, and the prettiest is frightful when undressed.
Beware of artists, they mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous.
- I positively think that ladies who are always enceinte quite disgusting; it is more like a rabbit or guinea-pig than anything else and really it is not very nice.
- Do not to let your feelings (very natural and usual ones) of momentary irritation and discomfort be seen by others don’t (as you so often did and do) let every little feeling be read in your face and seen in your manner . . .
- That Book, the Bible, accounts for the supremacy of England. England has become great & happy by the knowledge of the true God through Jesus Christ.
- The Queen is most anxious to enlist everyone in checking this mad, wicked folly of ‘Women’s Rights’. It is a subject which makes the Queen so furious that she cannot contain herself.
- I don’t dislike babies, though I think very young ones rather disgusting.
- She was such a beautiful and sweet creature… and so full of tricks.
- When I think of a merry, happy, and free young girl – and look at the ailing aching state a young wife is generally doomed to – which you can’t deny is the penalty of marriage.
- I think people really marry far too much; it is such a lottery after all, and for a poor woman a very doubtful happiness.
- Bring me a cup of tea and the ‘Times.’
- His purity was too great, his aspiration too high for this poor, miserable world! His great soul is now only enjoying that for which it was worthy!
- Men never think, at least seldom think, what a hard task it is for us women to go through this very often. God’s will be done, and if He decrees that we are to have a great number of children why we must try to bring them up as useful and exemplary members of society.
- A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one.
- Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife.
Enjoy the Victoria Day! Hope you liked this collection of Queen Victoria Quotes. Stay tuned to WishBae for more motivational quotes and wishes.