Have a look at these 10 famous Pablo Escobar Quotes and sayings. If you’re a big fan of Narcos than these quotes are totally for you! You can set them as your WhatsApp DP or can use as your facebook or whatsapp status. He wasn’t just a Narcoterrorist but was also Robbin Hood for people of Colombia.
About Pablo Escobar
Pablo Escobar was a Colombian drug lord and narcoterrorist. He is well known as The King of Cocaine. He founded Medellín Cartel which was supplied an estimated 80% of the cocaine smuggled in United States. Pablo’s estimated net worth was about US $30 billion by the early 90s (which is equal to $56 billion of 2017). He made over $21.9 billion annually and this way he became the wealthiest criminal in history.
Pablo was born in Rionegro, Colombia and grew up in nearby Medellin. He went to Universidad Autonoma Latinoamericana of Medelin for studies but left without a degree. After that, he started getting engaged in criminal activities that included selling contraband cigarettes and fake lottery tickets. He also participated in motor vehicle theft. By 70s he began working with various contraband smugglers. He was shot and killed, a day after his 44th birthday in his hometown by Colombian National Police.
Pablo Escobar Quotes
“Life is full of surprises, some good, some not so good.”
“I can replace things, but I could never replace my wife and kids.”
“Everyone has a price, the important thing is to find out what it is.”
“There can only be one king.”
“The men of always aren’t interested in the children of never.”
“Only those who went hungry with me and stood by me when I went through a bad time at some point in life will eat at my table.”
“There are two hundred million idiots, manipulated by a million intelligent men.”
“All empires are created of blood and fire.”
“look, I’m not a rich person. i’m a poor person with money”
“Sometimes I feel like God…when I order someone killed – they die the same day.”
Well, if you’re thinking why there is no “Plata or Plomo”, than let me clear it. Plata or Plomo was a common threat by members of the medellin cartel but Escobar himself can’t be quoted as saying it.
Pablo Escobar Facts :
Reading the Pablo Escobar Quotes might have left some impact on your mind. We think you’re curious to know more about him! Well, here we present the most interesting facts about Pablo Escobar!
- Pablo Escobar had built a private zoo in Puerto Triunfo and filled it with hippos, giraffes, elephants, and other animals.
- He was responsible for for killing about 4,000 people, which included an estimated 200 judges and 1,000 police, journalists, and government officials.
- His father was a farmer and mother was a school teacher.
- In the age of 27, Escobar married Maria Victoria Henao Vellejo, who was then just 15!
- When the family of Escobar was in hiding, his daughter Manuela got sick. To keep her warm, he burnt currency notes of over 2 million dollars.
- He also bought a Learjet for flying his cash.
- He offered to pay Colombia’s debt of estimated 10 billion dollars in attempt to change the laws of extradition.
- He spent $2,500 every month on rubber bands to hold his money.
- In the late 1980s, Colombian authorities seized some of Escobar’s enormous fleet, including 142 planes, 20 helicopters, 32 yachts, and 141 homes and offices.
- His business was just so big that he used planes, cars, trucks, helicopters, boats and even two submarines to transport his cocaine into the United States.
- Escobar smuggled up to 15 tons of cocaine each day.
- He supported poor by handing them cash, this earned him the nickname “Robin Hood”.
- Pablo Escobar built his own luxurious prison which was known as “La Caterdal”. The prison had facilities like casino, a nightclub, and even a spa.
- His biggest fear was extradition. He didn’t want to spend his final days in an American Jail cell.
- Despite his horrific business dealings, Escobar did fund a number of programs to help Colombia’s poor residents. He gave money to churches and hospitals, established food programs, built parks and football stadiums, and created a barrio.
- About 25,000 people — including many of the poor Colombians to whom Escobar had personally distributed money — attended his burial in Medellin.
For government and world, he was a terrorist. But, for the people of Colombia he was like God. Colombians used to have his photo framed in their houses. Don Pablo was like Robin Hood for them.
If you’re interested to know more about Pablo Escobar’s life, than you should watch Narcos series of Netflix. The series has well portrayed how he built his empire and what were the reasons of his collapse.