The advocate of positive psychology, Shawn Achor is well known for his authorial work “The Happiness Advantage”. Born in March 1978, the American author and speaker has founded GoodThink Inc. in 2007, later with his wife Michelle Gielan, he co-founded the Institute for Applied Positive Research which offers positive psychology related services to help improve work performance. Below are 20 of best Shawn Achor quotes that will fill you with positivity and improve your productivity.
Shawn Achor Quotes
- “Habits are like financial capital – forming one today is an investment that will automatically give out returns for years to come.” …
- “If we study what is merely average, we will remain merely average.”
- “Happiness is not the belief that we don’t need to change; it is the realization that we can.”
- “Without action, knowledge is often meaningless.”
- “When we encounter an unexpected challenge of threat the only way to save ourselves is to hold on tight to the people around us and not let go.”
- “You can study gravity forever without learning how to fly.”
- “I started to realize just how much our interpretation of reality changes our experience of that reality.”
- “It’s for this reason that, however counterintuitive it may seem, psychologists actually recommend that we fail early and often.”
Happiness is an incredible competitive advantage.
- “You can eliminate depression without making someone happy. You can cure anxiety without teaching someone optimism. You can return someone to work without improving their job performance.”
- “You do not have to be your genes, your childhood, your environment. We can choose how our brain looks at the world.”
- “Happiness is not all about yellow smiley faces and rainbows. For me, happiness is the joy we feel striving after our potential.”
- “Happiness implies a positive mood in the present and a positive outlook for the future.”
- “Money can buy happiness, but only if used to DO things as opposed to simply HAVE things.”
- Beliefs are so powerful because they dictate our efforts and actions.
- “You do not have to be your genes, your childhood, your environment. We can choose how our brain looks at the world.
- “Research shows that regular meditation can permanently rewire the brain to raise levels of happiness, lower stress, even improve immune function.”
- “Simply believing we can fly won’t set us aloft. Yet if we don’t believe, we have no chance of ever making it off the ground.”
“You have to train your brain to be positive just like you work out your body. Your brain at positive is 31% more productive than your brain at negative, neutral or stressed.
- [It’s] the lens through which your brain views the world that shapes your reality. And if we can change the lens, not only can we change your happiness, we can change every single educational and business outcome at the same time..”
You may also Like: