Elizabeth Gilbert is an award winning author. She is best known for Eat, Pray, Love. Over 12 million copies of this 2006 memoir has been sold and was translated into 30+ languages. Born to John Gilbert in 1969 in Waterbury, Connecticut, Gilbert has worked in both fictional and non-fictional genres. Her books are full of positivity, love and life. This article contains a handpicked collection of Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes that will fill you with positiveness and might change your perspective about love and life.
Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”
- “You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.”
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
- “Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.”
“Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.”
- “It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away.”
- “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”
- “Look for God, suggests my Guru. Look for God like a man with his head on fire looks for water.”
- I’m a pleaser. That’s my character.
- I love my friends and family, but I also love it when they can’t find me and I can spend all day reading or walking all alone, in silence, eight thousand miles away from everyone. All alone and unreachable in a foreign country is one my most favorite possible things to be.
- “Nothing will uproot your life more violently than true love—at least as far as I’ve always witnessed.”
- “Love is like that is a deep well with steep sides. Once you fall in, that’s it. You will love that person always.”
- “Lucky is the soul whose only troubles are self-inflicted.”
- “Yet I can tell you that there was a lonely and untenanted corner of my heart that I’d never known was there—and Frank moved right into it. Holding him in my heart made me feel like I belonged to love itself.”
- “If you clear out all of that space in your mind you would have a door way.”
- “Having a baby is like having a tattoo on your face. You kind of want to be committed.”
- “You must learn in life to take things more lightly, my dear. The world is always changing. Learn how to allow for it.”
- “Resist change at your own peril, Vivian. When something ends, let it end.”
“To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.”
- “We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.”
- “When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It’s safe. Let go.”
- “Om Namah Shivaya, meaning, I honor the divinity that resides within me.”
- “You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestation of your own blessings.”
- The Bhagavad Gita–that ancient Indian Yogic text–says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.
- There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.
You may also like: