Elizabeth Gilbert is an award-winning author. She is best known for Eat, Pray, Love. Over 12 million copies of this 2006 memoir have been sold and were translated into 30+ languages. Born to John Gilbert in 1969 in Waterbury, Connecticut, Gilbert has worked in both fictional and non-fictional genres. Her books are full of positivity, love, and life. This article contains a handpicked collection of Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes that will fill you with positiveness and might change your perspective about love and life.
Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”
- “You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.”
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
- “Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.”
“Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.”
- “It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away.”
- “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”
- “Look for God, suggests my Guru. Look for God like a man with his head on fire looks for water.”
- I’m a pleaser. That’s my character.
- I love my friends and family, but I also love it when they can’t find me and I can spend all day reading or walking all alone, in silence, eight thousand miles away from everyone. All alone and unreachable in a foreign country is one my most favorite possible things to be.
- “Nothing will uproot your life more violently than true love—at least as far as I’ve always witnessed.”
- “Love is like that is a deep well with steep sides. Once you fall in, that’s it. You will love that person always.”
- “Lucky is the soul whose only troubles are self-inflicted.”
- “Yet I can tell you that there was a lonely and untenanted corner of my heart that I’d never known was there—and Frank moved right into it. Holding him in my heart made me feel like I belonged to love itself.”
- “If you clear out all of that space in your mind you would have a door way.”
- “Having a baby is like having a tattoo on your face. You kind of want to be committed.”
- “You must learn in life to take things more lightly, my dear. The world is always changing. Learn how to allow for it.”
- “Resist change at your own peril, Vivian. When something ends, let it end.”
“To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.”
- “We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.”
- “When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It’s safe. Let go.”
- “Om Namah Shivaya, meaning, I honor the divinity that resides within me.”
- “You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestation of your own blessings.”
- The Bhagavad Gita–that ancient Indian Yogic text–says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.
- There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.
You may also like: